Bad gas mileage ?!? need help maybe?

Automed

VIPER OWNERS ONLY!

I have a 2003 sxViper Mountain (stock) except for Holtzman ATACC

I get about 125km / 75miles on a full tank of premium gas riding around on 4 inches of snow covered trails & lakes.

How far does a tank of gas get you????

Am I getting I think a real poor gas mileage

75 miles / 11.77 US gal = 6.41mpg If it is very poor what could be causing it??

Sled has 500miles on it. Just cleaned power valves & full dealer service 200 miles ago.

my cousin's viper was getting very similar gas mileage and upon several cleanings of the carbs and powervalves, along with multiple adjustments, we found the fuel pump had a bad diaphragm and was allowing way too much fuel too flow. It would just run out of one of the fuel lines to the carbs if disconnected from the carbs, because it wasn't sealing properly. The airbox had fuel running out of the bottom of it because so much gas was going into the carbs, it was coming back out through the vents (which vent to the airbox) Found a fuel pump and all is good now. Not saying this is your problem, but definately something worth checking.

ATACC will not get you bad mileage...It leans out the appropriate air/fuel mixture for the temp/altitude thus improving mileage. Ever since I put one on my MM700 I get about 200kms per tank on trails!!! Thats 120 miles for my American friends! Damn good mileage IMO

yea the holtzmann ATACC isn't just going to get you shitty mileage, its simply a tool to allow you to adjust your fuel flow. It will get better and better mileage the more you lean it out, until you blow it up.

Somethings up. Couldn't tell you tho.

Tank full... I put 90 miles on mine a month or so ago and still had a gallon or two left at the end of the ride

Roughly 54 miles of trail and 36 in the mountains.

Back