anybody? clutch setup viper mountain cpr

..SNAKEBIT..

VIP Member
looking for a clutch set up to use in the mountains @ 10,000 feet
going to Centennial , Snowy Mountain Range
02 Viper cpr pipes 136x1-1/2 track gearing now is 21/38 (hoping to gear @20/40?

PLEASE ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP!!
would like to be real close when we unload

..SNAKEBIT.. said:
looking for a clutch set up to use in the mountains @ 10,000 feet
going to Centennial , Snowy Mountain Range
02 Viper cpr pipes 136x1-1/2 track gearing now is 21/38 (hoping to gear @20/40?

PLEASE ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP!!
would like to be real close when we unload

I cant believe no one has helped you out yet? Was you able to get with Rev Baron-Steepndeep? Jeff should be able to help with jetting & most guys with bigger tracks run 2-1 gearing so should be good either way imo on the gearing.

Cant help you on the cluching because I have never seen a mountain on a sled :o|

I know the guys running the Aaens run huge pilot jets out west, They say they need them or they cant get the sled to start w/out starting fluid... like I say I dont know crap about the thin air mountain riders deal with just saying what I have been told. Good luck! Bushman

I would suggest gettin a heel clicker since you can tweek out any problems you may have. i would run your secondary in the 90-100 twist that should give you plenty of backshift for the mountains. i have a 40 tooth hyvo gear if you need it. its almost brand new $75 shipped.thats canadian funds. :rockon: :yam:

Last edited:
I gave you a clutch setup in your other post unless you don't think it will work I have been up to 11000 ft. & it worked prefect , got the set from www.hartmaninc.com talk to Tom he is a good guy knows what he is doing this is the setup I use in the the mountains

if you read my post I am running CPR pipes!!!
Iwas out west last year with the stock exhaust and just took out the rivets from the stock weights and it worked ok.
BUT this year I would like to be better with the pipes and climb BETTER!
so i am trying to get some suggestions on a set-up for the CPR pipes
when I went to pipes I had to lighten up the weights for flat land riding
when I talked to Jeff he said he did not have any mountain set-ups just flat land?
he suggested using a black primary and a different sec spring, but did not sound
very sure that it would work?????? I am no clutch expert by a long way and don't
have alot of clutch parts to go out there and try so I was hoping someone would have run CPR pipes on a viper in the mountains and be willing to tell me a few things
also concerned about the boging people talk about, so I think I will have to buy flow-rites to cure that problem before I get there????????????????

I was looking for a little help on set-up for my viper,
2002 viper 136 kit with 1-1/2" paddle
CPR pipes
heel clickers 50/40 helix green spring
(still have factory clutch stuff)
21/38 geared
do you have any suugestions for clutching or carbs??
really need some help for 1st week in March OR
I have to take off the pipes and go with the single pipe, which is something I really dont want to do, SO ANY HELP WOULD REALLLY BE APPRECIATED

when i was in wyoming with my piped viper hauck pipes i dropped 10 sizes on the main and went 3 1/8 out on the fuel screw on the bottom of carbs.dropped needle down one 20T top gear and removed tip weight completlry.would turn 91-9300 on tach and was safe.rode 8-11000 ft elevation.

viper paul did you have vents unhooked? or hooked to air box?
did you do anything for air intake????
what year viper? 121 or mountain
do you know what you had?
weight:
spring:

helix:
spring:
twist:
thanks for any help!!
We will be leaving march 5
so if I was to buy the gear & spring I would want them before that!! HELP!

Clutching

Dont know if this will help or not. I came from Centenial last week. I have an SRX with Jeffs 780. I ran HC's with only some weight in the heel to keep the engagement down. 51-43 with green spring wrapped @ 90. This ran 8500 top to bottom. Keep in mind this is an 1.5 121 geared at 1.86. My buddies with 144 Cat 800 that are clutched and canned were supprised how far I could climb. This set up also boondocked and trailed very good

3 1/8 on the fuel screws is too much, they can fall out easily when they are that far out

Back