Billet wheels

theflamanguy

Does anyone know what I can do to the Proaction skid on my MM700 to reduce weight? Which wheels to take out? How does this affect hyfax wear? I also wanna customize the sled a little and I thought going with the billet wheels would look cool? Any thoughts???
Thanks,
TFG

Like This? ...I removed all extra wheels, Just running 8's on the back and 7's on the upper shaft. Hyfax wear is a huge problem if you run trails. If you in powder its not an issue. I do run ice scratchers on the trails. ===SRXSRULE===

7's up top? Hmmmm That may fix my problem of the top wheels not spinning off-trail and building up with ice. What do ya think Rules?

Grape, they are actually 7.25" and no it dont fix the problem. My upper wheels ICE up bad in good powder and dont spin some times. If I did it over again, I would not but billets on the upper shaft. ===SRXSRULE===

theflamanguy. Look at mountainperformance. I think I saw a shaft that saved 2,5 lbs, h arm that saved 6 and a transfer enhancement kit that saved 5

On my mtn viper I have removed all the bogey wheels just like SRXrule but I put the front wheels back on so I would not have to run scratchers. I also have the mountain performance transfer enhancement kit ($50, lose 5 pounds, makes huuuuuge difference in powder, strongly recommended).

I would say between the two I have lost close to 10 pounds for only $50 and have a much better performing rear skid. Cant go wrong.

Back