Viper Shocks in 00' SxR?

viper222

wanting to put viper shock's in the wife's 00' SxR 700, this shoudln't be a problem as long as i get longer transfer rod's, right?? any info. would be great.

You dont need to change transfer rods.The sx-r and viper are both long travel sleds.Just change the shocks.

that's right, i forgot that has the 11.5 in. rear in it. just rides so stiff, reminded me of my old sx. thanx. any suggestions on a re-valve for those viper shocks for a little softer ride.

if you think the long travel sxR ride is stiff...

tell your wife to add pillows to her suit when the viper shocks go in. i'd opt for lighter springs and revalve for her weight and riding style. plus it will be cheaper as you wont need to buy shocks. they are basically the same 11.5" anyway. you'd only gain a stiffer ride in my opinion. get ahold of bruce @ b-line control in Mn. he'll get the shocks and springs set up for her/you. ski

thanks ski!

the only reason i'm doing viper shocks is because i have my stock one's from the recall. so i figured a re valve would be the cheapest, or maybe not let me know what you think.

JMO

Get the ones on the sxr rebuilt, and sell or keep the vipers for spares. If you get the sxr's and the viper shocks revavled by a good shock guy they will end up being identical. They already have the same body and innereds, just different set up. You will end up with the same thing when done. JMO Maxdlx

yeap thats true all they did on the recall is change for sxr shocks any ways
thats why they did it so cheep they did not have to come up with a new shock all they did was use a old shock that works and thats that

i dont even know why most of you changed the shocks anyways there was nothing wrong with olds ones
i have 2 vipers and i also have 23 pins in my back and 12 in my right leg and i dont see a prob whit the viper on trails or in bumps
its all in your heads
same with my srx its rides nice too maby i ride too fast to feel the bumps
i dont know or maby its all the perks i eat all day long whom knows but i did not get the update done ... the ride is nice for me
same with my wife she also said the same thing
rather have it a little harder then too soft

Back