National Pro Sled Shootout-This weekend!!!

Buster696

VIP Member
Well TY Crew... 8)
If you have been looking in the amsnow.com/Racing section you have seen the promotion of the National Pro Sled Shootout being held this weekend in Cicero, NY (Just north of Syracuse, NY). I will be running my SRX with a Simons CPR 780 Big-Bore at this race. I’ve also seen only 2 other Yamaha’s running, a stock Viper and a Viper 780 Simons CPR Big-Bore as well… I’ve been doing some testing the past couple of weeks and I must tell you it is a rush. I believe I can get the sled running in the low 10.5’s high 10.4’s with the speeds being around 115mph to 120mph if everything goes well.

If you can make this race I know that you will not be disappointed. I also would like to thank Jeff Simons for helping me out with getting me dialed in with this new motor. This think “ROCKS”. I would also like to thank Matt H./BlueByYou2000 with the loaner of the helix, shims and secondary spring.

Looks like Saturday will be the quick-8 qualifier and test-n-tune for the bracket racers. Sunday is the big event... Verrrry Fast Sleds. I expect to see many sleds in the 140+mph range...

For more info, here is a website for you to get info from: http://www.miketheking.freeservers.com/index.html

Hope to see you all there…

Thanks,
--Buster696--

PS. Yes Tom... I have a TY.com sticker on my sled. In fact I have two...

Well, it figures that this is the one weekend that I won't be driving up near that area.

Good luck. 8)

:D Well folks had a good day at the track. Fastest runs of the day was the last two. Felt good to run the sled in full race form.

Meet a guy from Michigan with is looking at a very quick Vmax4. If he reads this sorry I could not talk more. Had a little situation with my electrical harness.

Anyway, the fastest run of the day was:
We had a very strong head wind (at least 10 to 15mph) and the best I got the ol' SRX in a 1/4mi = 10.583 @ 122mph
60ft times were a little off due to the rain delays. I only go them in the low 1.5s.

Hope tomorrow is a much better day. Made it tough getting consistent numbers with the sled with all the delays due to rain.

I will give you an update late tomorrow or first thing on Monday.

Later,
--Buster696--

Back