Looking for 144" rails, plus question about 144 rails on 121 skid.

Mountain SXr

Anyone have 144" rails? Right now I have a 121 with mountain performance ext to 141". Buying new track, so wouldn't mind putting a 144".

Can I put 144" rails on a 121" skid?

Think anyone would want to buy the 111 rails with the mountain performance ext's ? Guess I could try.

Thanks

-Jon

I have been looking for 144 rails for 2 years now. I actually have the 144 skid without the rails. Best price for new ones is $185 a piece. The 141 rails were fairly easy to find a while back as they were on many newer MMs, but 144 rails were not on very many models. I am now very interested in the new torsion spring skid in the Mtn Viper, but that is impossible to find as well. I did find a new torsion 151 for $1500, but I passed on it.

Anything is possible, but I wouldn't put the 121 arms on 144 rails unless you completely re-engineer the geometry of the entire skid and calculate new mount points.

skid

I guess I'll end up getting the 144 rail extensions and sell my 141 ext's. Or, maybe I'll stick with the 141. I wouldn't mind a longer track though.

The snow is great up here. The trails are the best they've been in a long time. They're constantly grooming the trails in the Kapuskasing area.

Thanks for the info.

You can also just relocate the skid to take up the 1.5 inches of going from 141 to 144. I would post a thread on www.snowest.com or call Dave Hartman.

I can't remember what company but recently I saw them advertising an offset rear axle set up that adjusts to accommodate a longer track without extending the rails.

Yes, Mountain Machines among others makes a kit for this, but it is quite expensive. Not that the price is too high, just that it is a costly item to make for profit. You can almost buy a new skid, by the time you get all you need to do the offset.

relocate

To relocate your skid from 00 141 rails or 144 rails the whole skid has to be back 9" from your stock front 121 mount position, the rear also has to be mounted back ( I forget how much) You will also need a lot of pieces from the 141 suspension that your 121 does not have. Moving your present 121/141 ext sus back 1 1/2 " will get you pretty close to your steering hoop brace so be carefull. Been there done that. For the mountains the 151 is better.

Going to hijack this thread. In theory, could I put a 144" track on my 136" Venture by just moving the skid back 4 inches??? Pro's and con's if it is possible. I'm considering dropping the two-up seat and backrest next year and putting a new track on it.

you hijacker! but i was wondering some of the same stuff have 136 x 1-1/2 now
and want to go deeper and longer with my same tunnel extension??
2.25 x 144 ???? with 8 tooth drivers? got some power know and want to boondock and hill climb BETTER need to highmark them Summits and Escapes

Back