Seat riser

bigdaddyjak

Hey all I am a first timer here , back in october i purchased my very first snowmobile ,(I cant seem to get enough of !) A 97 MM 700 triple 2300 miles for $2200 , I cant tell you how much i enjoy this thing and i am planning on purchasing a new, or newer one soon. My only question I have, any of you or do you no anayone who has a pattern for a seat riser , since i think it would be a more comfortable ride if the seat was raised, im sure i can make one on my own , but looking for suggestions. also when i do this , iam hoping that iam able to lift the tank as to keep it all looking good. My brother in law did this to his other model and it looks good and is much more comfortable to ride. Thanks , Rookie .

Welcome to the forum! I made a 3" riser out of aluminum for a bud's Mountain Max. It's a frame that fits between the tunnel and seat. For the front we added some foam and pull the cover down to the tank. The snaps are relocated to give it some shape. LOT's of trunk room now too! I have some pic's, I'll see if I can find them and post them for you.

Thanks mtnviper, as I stated above , my brother inlaw has his mxz raised, and it is a "home made wedge" which consists of wood , with wood cross pieces for support, and alluminum angle with holes to attach it. This also goes under the gas tank so it looks factory if you were just to look at it you wouldnt even realize it had been done, I dont think it would be real hard to do , but as i said im new to this game (32 yrs old and this is my first sled) and any help would be greatly appreciated . Iam wondering how difficult it will be to raise the tank , so that everything stays sleek. I have seen the wedges for the arctic cats, and they look gay as it seems like its in a big pinch where the seat and tank meet. Again thanks guys.

The tank would be a little more difficult to do, on a Yammie anyway. Looks like there would be clearance issue's with the steering post and the panel that fits between the tank and hood. Might be able to tip the back of the tank up slightly though.

Here are some pics. I suggested to my buddy that own's the sled, that we could have the seat cover resized where the fold is. But he didn't want to mess with it, and said "he's happy with the way it looks, as is".

Last edited:

Back