Any ideas on increasing front end height on SRX

snowdad4

VIP Member
98 SRX with mountainperformance tunnel,rolled chaincase,151 track: problem is still have low (near stock 121")front end height. tried shock lowering brackets with stock shocks but no difference anybody know of a longer stock yamaha shock to fit SRX style mm and viper will not fit

The best way would be to put longer rods in your shocks.I think carver performance sell kayaba rods and can cut and thread them to whatever length you want.If you go to long your tie rods will hit where they exit through the bulkhead when your suspension unloads.About one inch of extra rod length should do it .I did it to my srx using fox rmk shocks ,had to shorten the rods to make it work.

Another source for the kayaba rods is deycore.com they also have the eylets to convert from a sx/viper to srx but you will still have to check the shock length.

well

I added hauck adj front shock brakets to my 700 sx, same basic front end, ans it raised the front 1 inch per hole. So it now sits 2 inches higher in the front. I can't see that the brakets didn't give you any added height, unless your shocks are in need of a freshining and just sag that much. Maxdlx

thanks for the tips, this is where we're at, ordered Hauck adj. brackets, and 38" tie rods, and radius rods. I will put the 38" parts on first, remeasure, and then apply brackets after, i will keep you posted as to my results thanks again!

put 38" tie and radius rods on, front end raised almost 3", haven't rode yet, next issue will be front ski pressure, in anticipation, I let out limiter straps all the way and reduced spring preload on ski shocks to min setting.Now we'll wait and see.

Back