guyman

Hi all,
Getting back into the sport after almost twenty years. Just for my new (to me) sx700 yesterday. 3000 miles, pi triple pipes, bender roller clutch. First time out last night machine almost ripped me off the back! Like the site everybody![/img]

you will enjoy that ride.
Welcome to the site...it's great.
Lot of good info and ask questions you will get answers

Have to admit it is quite a change from twenty years ago. My last sled was a 1980 exciter 440 that I could just get over 80 with. Might have hit 85 once. I have been looking for a sled for about a month before I came across this one. Funny but it kinda reminds me of my old exciter in some ways. I just wasnt prepared last night for the instant acceleration it has. lol. How does a well running sx700 with pipes and all rate compared to other sleds anyways? Should I run and hide when a 800mxz comes up beside me?

There a nice ride, I have the same one, minus the pipes unfortunately, lol. I think it would be safe to run and hide from a mxz 800, haha, although the pipes will give you more "get up" than I have. There not the fastest sleds, but they do have a nice acceleration and throttle feel. I love mine, you won't be disappointed. Welcome back

Thanks to everybody on this great site! Went on a 136 mile ride up near Jackman Maine couple of weeks ago. Sled was better than i expected. HAve to admit that I felt pretty beat up though. Not sure if it was my age or the rear skid. Met up with a couple with hers being a 04 f6 and his being an 03 zl600. They were doing a lot of trash talking about how the f6 smoked a 01 srx 700 and thought mine would be easy. On a side note it was fun running with a woman who was as fast us us. Both of them were fairly new to snowmobiling, he was concerned about the sound of my machine LOL. we had some small shootouts on the trail but couldnt find anyplace to run them. I ended up going home early and getting diagnosed with phemonia. I left thinking I would win but not sure.
Where is the dam snow in southern Maine!

Back