Idea for an 07 TY Ride??

onlyblue

VIP Member
how bout the grand marais 500 miler???

just an idea..... imagine, 20+ yami sleds all completing the journey, with all other brands represented, one good pack of blue leading the way... hmmmmmm

thanks for the interest steve....

cmon guys, what a better way to prove that true blue is the way.....

let's see if we can get at least 20+.......

Don't feel bad, I got about the same response when I tried to recruit for this year's ride.

Gilbey from the 4-stroke forum said he'll do the '06 ride, we've got 3. ;)!

We're looking good ;)!

If the timing pattern holds, the '06 event should be January 12-14th so keep those dates open until we know for sure. :WayCool:

Here's a link to the 2005 ride:

http://www.sno-trails.net/GM500Miler.htm

To the best of my knowledge, I was the only TY member out of the 11 Yamahas entered. The first half of the ride was sweet, only took six hours. The return trip got a bit more challenging as both the weather and the trails deteriorated causing it to take twice as long to get back.

Obviously it either wasn't bad enough to keep me from doing it again or I'm just silly like that. LaLaLa

Steve you looked like a million bucks after the 500 miler! It was so damn freezing cold ... you even partied like a rock star after the ride ... when I would of been passed out sound a sleep!

if i recall that was the same weekend as the first muni ride this year, if that is the case next year we should aim to do the 500 miler on thurs... rest a little on friday and ty ride all weekend... hmmmm sounds like a sweet weekend....

That's pretty much what I did Todd, the party like a rock start part hurt a little the next day but I only fell off my sled a couple times out on the plains.

Gina's right, it did get a tad chilly. :shock:

snoden700viper said:
I could be talked into it, it's been awhile, we did it back in 1998. I don't think they do it on Thursday's, I believe Friday is the first day!
Maybe they didn't then but I did the 2005 run on Thursday, January 13th so I'm hoping they'll do a Thursday again.

Back