srx plug fouling

I use to foul a bunch on my 00.Use the choke to get it started then keep fliping between off and half choke to keep it runing.

Atlas hit the nail on the head for the SRX. Don't even think about touching the throttle while starting. Any stalling of the engine should be done with short/quick blips of the choke until the engine will idle on its own. I go one step further in my warm up prior to riding; after the engine is able to idle on its own, I'll then apply throttle until just before clutch engagement. I'll do this for approximately 30 seconds. 2300 miles on my SRX and I have yet to foul a plug.

Jon

Sounds like you people have carb problems if you foul plugs on start-up. I have never nor the other SRX's I ride with have had problems........SRXtreme

I have to agree, mine will foul the plugs too if i keep the choke on too long, like you say start it up and turn off the choke almost imidiately and just flip it on and off to keep her running till it warms up and you should have no problems with any more fouling.

There is no carb problems you shouldnt let it idle either that bruns them up too i feather my choke and hold keep it around 3000 rpm's i have 4200 miles on my 01 srx not yet to foul a plug lay off the heavy choke and you will be problem free

I was going through a couple of boxes of plugs a year, and I know how to get it warmed up. I switched to chanpion powersports plugs, ang didn't pull the plugs again until I desided to clean the valves several rides later. try these plugs!

as to why I was fowling plugs, it turned out to be burn't pistons, plug fowling and hard starting are symptoms. I had no real noticable power loss. I think the sled was like that for years, and I never knew until stuck my head in the belly pan and looked up throughthe exhaust ports.

try the plugs and get a good look at you pistons when you do a preseason valve cleaning.

Back