136" viper relocation?

n2oiroc

i am doing a 136" on my viper. it seems shorter extensions and a relocation make a bigger difference off trail compared to longer extensions and stock location right? i have the long extensions 8" i think, do i trade them for the 4" or 5"? anyone have specifics on relocation, like part#s for any drop brackets and measurements? thanks for all your help.

Personally I dont like to move the skid. It hurts the weight transfer alot and when you move the rails back, it does help your aproach angle, but at the same time creates a problem. Believe it or not, when you increase the amount of room from the rail tips to the drivshaft it allows the track to be pushed up by the snow (deep snow/powder) and hurst the performance. Plus its alot less work to just do extensions :) If you have quality extensions and hardeware there is no worries about using 7.5" extensions. ===SRXSRULE===

I have the usa extension and have tail lander her a few times with no problems
they look really beefy, atach nice and can run long sliders

I helped my brother with a skid relocation kit for his Viper, It didn't seem to transfer weight very well so he put it back to a 121 and sold the kit. I would leave the skid in the stock location and just do the rail extension. this is just my opinion it might have worked great for others.

This all depends on what type of riding you do the most I did the mountain perf. 136 relocation kit to my 02 viper last year. It was a lot of work with the relocation there is way to much weight on the front of the skid for trail riding it will kill your slide rails.I took preload off of my center shock and pulled my limiter straps up big time, when I did this it would handle good but would spin more. But it did look cool!! If you do alot of trail riding just do the extension! Check with mountain performance they have a great kit and a nice looking sticker for the extension comes with!

i put a hartman 141 kit on mine with skid relocation. i love this setup, best mod yet. sled transfers 1000% over stock, and goes thru anything.... stock center rear from a struted mm and mpi transfer enhancement kit.
just my .02

Back