Clutching P.I. loud pipes

powderhound

:? Really like the new set up here guys. Nice job! Late last season I got ahold of a set of P.I. loud pipes for my MM700. Ive been trying to clutch it but I dont have better track speed than with my stock exhaust with a stinger, under a hard pull. I run between 4-6000 ft, I am running stock 8CR weights 13.3 inner,11.3 outer,Y.W.Y. spring 911 response cover,ER secondary, 48 helix ,green spring. I did the air box mod, and running 20/40 gearing,took a layer out of the head gasket.Jetting 140, 138.8, 138.8. Am running a skidoo 151 track on it . A buddy with same year sled ,144,Bender pipes, pulls 10 KM faster track speed. I weigh 195 lbs.Any one have any suggestions? Thanks PH

That er secondary needs a lot of side pressure. I would look at going to a silver secondary spring or going back to a billet helix with green spring.

I like a straight 45 or even something around a 50/42 works very well.

I don't think you got nuf weight in yur primary. What r's you gettin now and do you hold them all the way up? I run bout the same setup with Benders and the 151 w 19/40 gearing, I'm runnin heavy hitters but the total weight is 54.5gms and pullin 8700 w/ 47/41 helix and poos silver/blue spring at 6 and 1.

Higher initial angle on a multi will upshift quicker give more r's but can you hold it?

we have 5 MM 700s in our group all have Hi Tech clutches with a 46 helix secondary spring might vary we run at 9000 ft , we run a Polaris Silver blue or A C yellow black they are very stiff and hang on to that belt. Primary I ran a GWG with speed ring and stock weights cant remember what rivit set up hope that helps. we all run 18-42 gearing also

Just came down from a ride, with the stock helix. I think it pulled better track speed , but I might try a 51-43 or 50-42 helix. I`m running 20-40 gearing but will probly put an 18 top gaer in with the helix. I put in 13.9 inner and 13.9 outer and am running 8700rpm. I guess I`m still in trial and error stage. P H

Back