Lookin for a better ride!

bolin22

I am lookin to get a better ride out of my 02 short track viper that has:
141 hartman kit with skid relocation.
mpi transfer enhancement kit...
i put softer shocks on the front (i like to boondock), and got the limiter straps and te kit dialed in pretty well, but the back end still rides pretty harsh. i tried a softer spring on the rear center, and it was drastically improved but far from perfect. my question is has anyone had success with a similar setup? we ride alot in the woods, but moguls are common on the access trails and i get beat up....

options....maybe 2 new rear shocks....
new skid.....maybe hate to say it ...but a/c 1m?
any other opinions?
thanks guys....

Have your stock shocks revalved by one of the performance shops that advertise on this site. Tell them what you have, what you weigh and how you ride. They will have the answer.

yea definately get those shocks revalved for your weight and riding style. The more information you give them about your sled the better they will set it up for you. ;)!

I have a 1M skid in mine. It does ride slightly better (w/Ryde FX shocks) then the Yamaha skid (w/updated shocks). The biggest advantage of the 1M skid is weight savings, 18-20 pounds, improved angle of attack, and more foot print touching the ground.

If you still have the original stiff a$$ 02 Viper shock's, the updated unit's will give you a far better ride.

Back