overdrive clutch sheave

srx600

has any one tried one of those overdrive clutch sheaves? How do they work? websites have boasted a 5 mph increase.

I'm also interested in overdrive. Can you post where you saw the sheaves offered. Also I'm fairly certain the primary clutch closes completly which prevents the cluches from shifting any further. Has anyone machined the primary so that it can shift out more? Last year I machined the shoulder on my secondary helix .080 because I was told that should provide futher shift out. I marked my primary with a marker and found if did not shift any further. Soon I will remove the spring in the primary reassemble the cover to find the limiting parts and find out what needs to be machined if any to make the primary shift more. -mac-

if you bought an overdrive sheave do yourself a favor and throw it as far as you can, it's junk. you can have the primary machined to achieve better shift out, but my personal opinion is that it isn't needed. save your money and use it on some better clutching products for your primary and secondary. the overdrive sheave that some sell is not worth the money. whether or not you do the machining on the clutch to get better shift out is up to you.

clutch sheave

I found the ad on mcb performance, but from what I heard it doesn't work. SRXspec, did it even help at all? thanks
SRX600

there not for trail ridding there only good for run over 2000 feet were you get full shift out
and you need to cut helix to match you can just get primary done you have to get the back of the helix cut also and yes the speed rings are good its more money to use it then to get sheave done and the sheave last longer with a speed ring you dont ge the cracks like you do when we all get our clutches cut ..
they give you about 5 to 8 mph more then stock when its done right
:wink:

Hey guys, I have my clutch apart now and bought a roller secondary, I was told it will open up more then my stock helix, I want to cut my inner shieve, how much do I take off it do you know? and do I have to cut any off the two inner C locks inside the clutch?

Back