Viper or an 02 SRX

>>>

Like anything--depends what you want to do with it.

Muscle as in muscle car straight line - or groomed trail/lake raw HP---SRX PERIOD

Muscle as in bang the bumps, and still run like heck (with triple pipes) on the top--Viper

Most people want to add long travel to SRX for good reason...IMO

Well I tell ya what.
I had (stolen last week :x )a 97 sx700 with pipes and it went like heck.I liked the light feel of it and snappy throttle response.Will I have that same feeling with the SRX or Viper?Damn I don't want to have to spend the $ for pipes again (Viper).
Thanks

Decision time

I can appreciate your question Now that I know what you are up against.
Some will argue, but many will agree you will not like either of those machines as much as your sx NIMBLE machine. The SRX will out run it on a lake, and the Viper just the same. Fact is the sx is a SOLID 40lbs lighter.
I would either wait for the 05'--news out soon or find a sx or sxr. Most people will agree the sx is better built than the VIPE (engine side), better trail sled, but yes a few (8 to be exact--when stock) less hp. The SRX is not as much fun as an sx period.(on the bumpy trail)
All these items are my OPINION, but I have spent a long time on each, and the decision is easy unless you live on a lake or cant find a sx.
I know of a dealer in NY with brand new 01 sxr.

PM if interested

I know I just pissed off some srx/viper owners, but if you did a poll of people who have owned both--this would often(not always) be the outcome.MY OPINION---sx then srx then viper.

Good luck

Re: Decision time

Thanks man. Ya my SX was a great sled,problem is to find one that was in as great shape as mine was.Its going to be a tough decision.Are the SRX's front heavy?
Man I miss my machine :cry: .Some dick head has a great sled that was tuned to the max.
Fac.

bleueje17 said:
I can appreciate your question Now that I know what you are up against.
Some will argue, but many will agree you will not like either of those machines as much as your sx NIMBLE machine. The SRX will out run it on a lake, and the Viper just the same. Fact is the sx is a SOLID 40lbs lighter.
I would either wait for the 05'--news out soon or find a sx or sxr. Most people will agree the sx is better built than the VIPE (engine side), better trail sled, but yes a few (8 to be exact--when stock) less hp. The SRX is not as much fun as an sx period.(on the bumpy trail)
All these items are my OPINION, but I have spent a long time on each, and the decision is easy unless you live on a lake or cant find a sx.
I know of a dealer in NY with brand new 01 sxr.

PM if interested

I know I just pissed off some srx/viper owners, but if you did a poll of people who have owned both--this would often(not always) be the outcome.MY OPINION---sx then srx then viper.

Good luck

srx

Yes, I beleive they are nose heavy and the rear is harsh even compared to an sx. If I were to buy an srx I would send shocks for long travel kit at Pioneer Performance--with out a doubt. I would also look for one with Ohlins up front.

Save your $$ 05's are here, and face it as much as I love my YAMA the technology is old, and the suspension needs a major face lift. You will spend a lot of $ by the time you get your sx/viper/srx dialed in.

Good luck

PS: You could buy a viper brand new for 6k now--major rebates!!

Muscle

We have both a srx700 and a viper. The srx has more "get up and go". But my viper has a higher top speed. If you want to have great exceleration, go with a srx. As for handeling the bumps and for top speed, I would stick with a viper. Both are great sleds for different reasons.

I assume your Viper has triple pipes if it has more top speed than your SRX? I have raced a few piped Vipers and beat them, but it is a the pipes make them a nice sled. Now if only burn down problems could be completely avoided with piped Vipers, I would look into one.

that viper must be dialed in pretty good if you are beating a srx on top end.

Back