Heel Clicker Assembly

ModMMax

I spent most of the AM on the lathe making a tool to align the cap on a Yamaha primary clutch equiped with heel clicker weights and spring. The heelclicker spring is so long that the only way to assemble the clutch is to use the press to collapse the spring, making it possible for the bolts to reach the threaded portion of the clutch. The biggest problem is trying to ensure that the cap bushing is aligned with the clutch shaft to prevent damage to the bushing. I sacrificed a clutch puller and welded a piece of 1.5" by 3 inch shaft to the puller, then turned the shaft down to 1.1" to match the diameter of the the clutch center shaft. The puller part of the tool threads into place and the machined shaft effectiveley extends the clutch shaft, allowing the cap to be on a shaft from the beginning of the assembly process. The clutch cap now slide down the alignment shaft and on to the clutch shaft without damaging the bushing.

yes, the heel clicker primary spring is long. I put clickers on my 02 Viper and it was a pain getting it on. Since then I haven't taken it apart because I know how hard it will be to get back on without spending $ on a compression tool.

I know what you mean. On mine i pull the clutch every time i have to adjust the weights. But once it is off i ise a 3 foot long threaded rod with 2 nuts to complressthe spring so that i can get the cover back on. Cost me about 10 bucks to make and works with any clutch once they are off the sled.

Back