fastest stock yamaha 600 opinion?

srx600

in my opinion the fastest stock 600 ever made by any company is the srx 600 it has a stock 130 hp and mine has been to 118 stock. Any one thing another 600 is faster or agree with me?

The SRX 600 wasnt bad back in 98-99 but a a well set-up XCR 600 would smoke it. Then in 00 the XC6 became the King of the 600's and remained there untill the Rev 600 HO came out last year. Your 98 dont have 130 hp either and it weighs about 100 lbs too much. Like I said, it was a good sled, but by no means is it the fastest 600 out there. ===SRXSRULE===

srx 600

the srx 600 that I have is a 99, if you want to check the specs on it, it comes with 126hp stock, mine has a silencer so that gives it about 130hp, Only about 10hp less than the 700 srx. No other 600 is paking that much power, I think? I do agree with you on the weight issue, with the triple pipes and the heavy suspension it weighs a bit more than it should, the specs say it only weighs a few pounds less than the 700. but with some tuning I think you can get that missing 10hp. Let me know your views on this. thanks
SRX600

srx600

the specs give the "99" srx600 a weight of 516lbs, the 98 weighs in at 528, for the dyno numbers on the sled you can check snowtech or something. they show the srx 600 having 10hp more than the F3 600(115) and the zrt600 (112). Couldn't find the numbers on an xcr 600 but I'm still sure it has less power than the srx 600 unless you can prove me wrong.

I had a 98 & a 99 600 srx. The 98 stock was quicker then my 99 was with porting. Stock they come with about 120ish realistic hp...130 with good porting. That can will lose you 4 hp. In 500" a 600 rev or 600 xcsp polaris will beat em but the srx will real em in quick. A 95 1/2 600 f-3 skidoo is a sleeper & will be slightly quicker. I raced the bag outa my 600 srx,s so i know exactly what they were capable of. They also weigh the same as a 700 srx but had 15 hp less & a lot less torque.

That 518lbs is sooo far off it isnt even funny. Scale your sled some time and see what it weighs. As for the hp, its right around 122-125 depending on state of tune. That can you put on loses about 3 hp so now your down to ~120. The biggest thing to keep in mind is power to weight ratio and that is where the sleds I mentioned before come out ahead. If your doing any racing you better make the race as long as you can because that is where the srx will shine....top end! The best thing you can do is get a camo track, transfer rods, clutching, and put the stock silencer back on. ===SRXSRULE===

srx 600

the zrt weighs 517 but any way, a can can make you lose power? All of the advertisements on them say that you gain hp. Whats the deal with those? It has a camo track stock, do transfer rods really help alot? Any one have a clutch kit/setup to reccommend? Turk, how far has your 600 come from the 700? What mods did you put that work? What was your best top speed? thanks for the advice SRXSRULE and Turk
SRX600

The stock track is not a camoplast, they didnt start using them untill 02. Yes transfer rods are a huge gain. As for the clutching, go to the tech page and turk has some set-ups in there for the srx 600. As for the weight issue...your sled weighs almost 650 lbs with fuel and studs.....long ways from 518 eh? ===SRXSRULE===

I'm not telling you claimed numbers, I am giving actually numbers of what sleds weigh. Those numbers they post are dry weights and they are not even close to being accurate. Let me break it down to ya this way... My (race only) 98 SRX700 with NO headlight, NO Gauges, NO Sway bar, NO carbides, NO bumper braces, NO Airbox, Light weight track, light weight pipes, and only 2 gals of fuel weighs 568lbs. Now I didnt throw a bunch of number in a hat and draw that one out....thats what the scale reads. Just to let ya know, One gal of gasoline weighs ~ 6lbs so that means when you fill your tank.....you just added 72lbs. Know, add 60 lbs for another 10 gals of fuel to my sled above and you get 628lbs, then add in all the weight I have removed from it and your pretty close to 650 lbs right? ===SRXSRULE===

srx600

ok I understand now, so the rx-1 must weight a good 800 something lbs. No one has yet answered my question on how a can that is supposed to give 5hp (according to every manufacturer of them), really takes away 5hp? thanks

just because a manufacture claims a 5hp gains don't mean jack **** that 5 hp could be at 5000 rpm it could be at 6000 rpm, it could be anywhere in the power band. everyone who's ever dynoed an aftermarket silencer on the SRX has never found an increase in top end hp, usually there's a loss of 3-4 hp because of the loss of back pressure. just like anyone who makes pipes for a stock SRX and claims a gain of HP is full of it too, there's not a set of aftermarket pipes out there that actually make more HP, some will make the same, but none make more.

hate to break it to ya, but your 600 SRX only has about 118 HP if you're completely stock. i've dynoed 4 different ones with the most being 120 and the lowest being 117 and that's right out of the box with jetting within 1 jet size of being too lean. now if you clean up the ports and tighten up the heads you can get up around 126-128, but it doesn't have near the bottom end torque as what the 700 has.

srx600

I totally agree with the 700 have alot more torque, I have a 700 also and you can feel the difference. Do the pipes that go with the big bore kits for the srx give more hp? You said none do but do these? thanks
SRX600

The sled was built to have that muffler and that one only on it so thats why you loose hp didnt you notice they stopped trying to make pipes for the srx because they didnt work i dont know how much it weighs we know a guy with a srx 600 99 and my 01 700 will walk by it at half throttle that thing is no where near as fast as a 700

Back