pics of summer project

*99sRx700*

nothing major, just putting a track in, re gearing it, and clutching it. Some pics of the painted dash, and grills. Also, does anyone know what brand these transfer rods are???? They came on here and i cant seem to figure out what brand they are. Also welded the w arm, can see it in teh last pic on this page.

Attachments

• sled pics 001.jpg
    sled pics 001.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 71
  • sled pics 002.jpg
    sled pics 002.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 50
  • sled pics 004.jpg
    sled pics 004.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 49
  • sled pics 006.jpg
    sled pics 006.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 46
  • sled pics 008.jpg
    sled pics 008.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

more pics of project

Attachments

• sled pics 012.jpg
    sled pics 012.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 42
  • sled pics 011.jpg
    sled pics 011.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 38
  • sled pics 010.jpg
    sled pics 010.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 38
  • sled pics 009.jpg
    sled pics 009.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 38
  • sled pics 013.jpg
    sled pics 013.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 34
Yeah, they are adjustable. They must have just swapped the nut over with the shorter arm. They work alright as long as there isn't any ice on them to bind them up for adjusting on the trail. Now that I look at them more, I might be wrong. It has been a while, and I think the viper had locking nuts on the transfer rods. Hopefully someone will take a look at this post and correct me. Now I am really second guessing myself. I know I have seen them somewhere before. It looks like it is adjustable though, can't you turn them up or down? I am pretty sure that when I had my o2 srx that the top arm of the transfer rods was black, like the lower. What year is this? I know it is between 00-02, unless the belly pan has been swapped out. Maybe if you look up the years between 02-04 of the vipers and RX-1 they will have that type of nut on the parts pages. I know i have seen them before, I thought it was a stock part. I definitely could be wrong though. Sorry for not being a whole lot of help.

Was the belly pan swapped out? I am pretty sure 98 and 99's had black belly pans. Maybe that is where I saw those nuts. I had a 98 srx 600 that might have had them on there like that, but not sure.

Just a suggestion from experience, you might want to suck up those limiter straps quite a bit, or you will be eating hyfax up pretty fast.

yeah, thanks cahnce. I was planning on sucking them up alot. Like 1 1/2 inch of thread showing above the top nut. I just bought htis sled last season, and this is the first time I have had the skid out, alot of adjusting to be done. You should have seen all of the melted plastic on the lugs of the stock track, WOW

also going to tighten up the center spring about another 3/4 of an inch. It is at 2 inches of threads not, but need it alot stiffer for my weight, i am 285lbs soaking wet

You may want to go to the heavy spring on the rear shock, I am close on weight, and it made a big difference on my short travel rear skid

know anyone who has one for sale used? Otherwise, where do I get a new one? Also, doesit still hook up ok??? I need some weight transfer so i can hook and GOOOOO!!!!!

*99sRx700* said:
yeah, thanks cahnce. I was planning on sucking them up alot. Like 1 1/2 inch of thread showing above the top nut. I just bought htis sled last season, and this is the first time I have had the skid out, alot of adjusting to be done. You should have seen all of the melted plastic on the lugs of the stock track, WOW

You might want to pick up a hyfax save wheel kit to mount up front where the rails bend. I installed mine 2 years ago and no more problems after that. I bought the maxxperf. wheels and they work great

their phone # is 1-877 max-perf...... part # for the black urethane wheel kit Part # is.... SDWK2PP-BK for $80 its worth it. comes with easy to install instructions

If you run the track loose enough, and suck up the limiters enough, you shouldn't have to buy the hyfax will kit. I put over 2000 miles on mine without, and still had another seasons worth. Only need for that kit is for marginal snow, or a longer lug track. By the way, are you sure that sled is a 99?

yes, look at the headlight
single bulb headlight, it is a 99, i do believe the belly pan has been replaces, tho, because 98 and 99 were black. I am positive it is a 99

in 99 i think they made the power vavlve cables longer (mounted sevo up on the left side of tank)

Tom is right about the servo motor being relocated in 99. The belly pan is also blue in 99. 98 was black. I have had both. Gearing is a little different in 99, but I can't remember what it was in 98..(on tech pages)... 99 had better track than 98, but still should be one of the first things to change...I'm sure there are some other changes, but not much... On a side note.. If you are new to this site, the best thing you can do is use the search forums feature. Every question you have has probably already been discussed in length. There is a ton of good information from very sharp people. :rocks:

you have to keep the track tension on yamaha sleds tighter than most. yamahas need to run tighter track because they often ratchet if a little loose with the stock drivers. the proper track tension is 22LBS of tension with a 1 inch gap from the track to the bottom of the hyfax measured with a spring loaded device in the middle of the track on each side. if you suck up your limiters too much, 2 things happen which are not all that great. you lose travel (not to mention the srx doesnt have much to begin with) and you lose traction, (weight transfer) also puts a ton of unnecessary pressure on the W-arm... then, the fix for that is to loosen the front shock but again you lose alot of travel... if you went to 9 tooth anti ratchet drivers you could run a loose track without any problems as long as you had a fully clipped track

IMO the srx has a poorly designed skid

Last edited:

Back