never ending project...

sxviper32

well here is my never ending project. i started last year with a 2001 srx that had been crashed, picked it up for $500 and the stuff I took off of it I paid for the sled and some of the parts so i didn't do to bad there. new used hood for $125, and sold the old one, and the stuff on it for $200 (had a crack as well!!!) went from a rebuild to a mod. the hood is being done by nate at kowboykustoms.com he is also doing the modifications for the hood to accept the viper headlight, dash, hood scoops, and windscreen. Top of hood will have some extensive graphics, while the underside will be candy orange with leds everywhere (over 100 leds!!!) I have i believe 6 or 8 pc fans with leds in them as well to put on the clutch guard as well in other areas. and also the belly pans will be cut out where the green is and in place will be mesh screens that repel snow, water, dust, etc. and they will be powdercoated candy orange. the vents on the hood will be pc candy orange as well, and also the whole engine, and many other components like clutch covers, chaincase, caliper, brackets, motor mounts, front bulkhead section, etc.

Attachments

• MVC-117F.JPG
    MVC-117F.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 41
  • srx-viper project 002.jpg
    srx-viper project 002.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 30
  • hood screen4.JPG
    hood screen4.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 24
  • srx-viper project 001.jpg
    srx-viper project 001.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 33
  • srx-viper project 006.jpg
    srx-viper project 006.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 34

all pictures below will be pc candy orange as well.

Attachments

• srx-viper project 011.jpg
    srx-viper project 011.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 35
  • srx-viper project 010.jpg
    srx-viper project 010.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 32
  • srx-viper project 009.jpg
    srx-viper project 009.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 27
  • srx-viper project 008.jpg
    srx-viper project 008.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 34
  • srx-viper project 005.jpg
    srx-viper project 005.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 26
in my room i have parts galore, drives my parents insane, buts all good as long as i keep the door closed!!! ;)! i have orange c&a's, tmx38's, k&n's with prefilters, ATACC, bender 835 bb, bender bb pipes, pro taper handlebars, ripsaw 136" track, vforce 3 reeds, ohlins long travel shocks (not from viper or srx!), orange holeshot, orange hotwyrz (sparkplug wires), orange grips, polaris shorty seat and clear 12 gallon tank to name a few. I still have a ways to go: cmx belt drive, haven't decided what secondary i want to go with, might stay with stock primary or get a p-85, new 136" custom tunnel and coolers, lightweight trailing arms, 43" aluminum radius rods, 136" expert x suspension with fox floats, large 13mm sway bar, whole new brake system with lightweight rotor, hub, and aluminum caliper, kinetics turbo extroverts, nitrous (most likely the new reformed boss noss comming out), billet wheels throughout the skid, udx display, egt probes and sensors, 6" - 8" billet riser, and such. 90% of the aluminum parts (minus tunnel and bulkhead) will be hard anodized orange as well, some will stay polished. and i think thats it, other than the other small stuff. sorry about the mess, with all the time working, not enough time to clean!!! my closet is stuffed full of parts, and they are starting to collect in the garage and spilling out into my room!!!

Attachments

• srx-viper project 007.jpg
    srx-viper project 007.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 31
  • srx-viper project 003.jpg
    srx-viper project 003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 205_RX1_MA_top_view_tunnel.jpg
    205_RX1_MA_top_view_tunnel.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 740
  • 221-04pol018.jpg
    221-04pol018.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 29
  • candy orange.JPG
    candy orange.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 28
cool
when do u think it will be ready to hit the snow?...or is it going to be a Trailer Queen?
it sure will be nice enough for it ;)!

i'm hopin this winter, if not late winter. its gotten really hard to get the parts because of getting ready to head off for college, puttin some $$ away for college, stuff like that. i'm finishing up payment on the hood paint now, and then from there i hope to get the tunnel so that i can start putting it back together and adding to it as i go. it won't be a trailer queen, but i do plan on keeping it for awhile. i'm hoping to find a good srx engine with low miles to store away for when this one goes out.

looks like it is going to be a bitchin sled bryant,cant wait to see the hood done,should look wicked....RM

Last edited:
the viper headlight conversion isn't easy. its not just a matter for gettin the viper pod, and lights and such. i was planning on doing it, but since i want the hood to be solid and done right i am having the guy who's doin the paint job, puttin the headlight and such on. it will have the srx hood with the whole viper lights, windy, and hood screens as well as the dash pod. so, if your auto-body inclined then i'd say go for it, but its really a custom job. so far i've collected a few more parts, and i ordered my powdercoating system to get that underway. then hopefully i can start puttin the motor and front assembly back together. when i get the next check together, i'll be ordering one of Van Amburg's race tunnels. if any of you are going to go with an after market tunnel, i HIGHLY suggest you take a look at Van's tunnels cuz they are sweet, true work of art!!! when i get things powdercoated i'll post up new pics. again, its goin slow cuz i'm in college, little harder to get stuff done and make money!!!

Back