Venture Conversion

mountainman

Website
www.aksleddas.com
Hey guys,
I have a 1998 yamaha venture 500.
I am slowly converting it into a mountain sled.
So far:1.5'' 136 track
8'' riser
relocated rear skid
skid plate
now i need some suggestions on wut to do next.
i am already getting a freestyle seat from mountain mod perf, i am tryin to sell the elec start if anyone is interested, I dont know wut engine mods to do to lighten the load. i will pry lose the windsheld and definetely the mirrors but am unsure on wut else to do. let me no ur 2 cents on my project! Thanks alot guys...

A good set of ski's would be at the top of my list. Either Simmon's or Powder Pro's. The 05 and up Yamaha mountain ski, is an excellent mountain ski. However to make it fit the earlier pro-action sled's, I think you have to change over to the longer Viper spindle's and matching trailing arms, steering arms.

to put the plastic skis on you do not have to swap to viper spindles.

i put a set of viper skis on the front of my sxr500 for better flotation. following mr. sled advice (he is tops) we just sucked up the front limiters 1/2" to keep track on floor the same as with the stock skis. the viper skis caused the front end to sit approx 1/2" lower vs the stock skis. didnt get enough powder to really test the new skis but i was happy with the results.

if you do this i would do as the tec pages reccomend and shim the rear of the ski for darting. i had to do mine as the steering got heaveyer feeling. didnt have time to test it as we ran out of snow.

Back