1.75" clearance in viper?

n2oiroc

what do i have to do to fit a 1.75" in a viper? i am running 8 tooth extroverts. i know the tunnel protectors have to go, but will the fronts have to go with the 8 tooth drivers? i would rather not have to remove them, but if i do how do i go about it, dremel?

Protector's are easy to remove, (with the track out). I just cut the welds with a cut-off wheel, takes about 15 minutes.

be carefull when cutting the front protector welds and grind slowly and not very deep. the guards are tig welded to the heat exchanger fins. they come off easy just dont get impatient. 8 tooth drivers give you plenty of room to run the 1.75 in the viper. heard of folks running 175's with 9 tooth but i dont think it will clean out very easy and could cause you to eat belts when the snows packed in there like cement and the machine cant clean itself out. ski

There is about 3/8" clearence between the track and the exchanger at the closest point, with 9 tooth's. It get's much wider as you go from there.
We ride in the "World Famous Cascade Concrete", wet heavy snow that sticks to everything. So far build up hasn't been a problem, any more then normal. I think it may even be better with less clearence, since the packed snow is not as thick and heavy.
IMO, the more room your have the the thicker the build up. In the right conditions, I've seen sleds have a 3-4 inch build up in the rear of the tunnel before. Thats a lot of weight!
I have noticed that there seem's to be less ice build up on the front heat exchanger now, allowing the motor to run cooler.

Last edited:

Back