700SXR unbeleivable

yamyrider

Hey Guys,

I have really been testing the mods on my 2000SXR 700 and WOW.
2 layers removed from head gasket, reed spacers, bender silencer,
bender clutch kit (but not the one for my machine) NTE racing bearings, 144 studs.
This set up works great. I may change weights as I am over reving by about 150rpm (any recommendations)
I will also change the washers on the transfer rods (thin washer) for better suspension coupling.
I ran against the ZR600 and XC700 and took them both no problem.
If anyone wants an inexpensive rockin set up this is the one.
A stock silencer with the mod would work very well. I did not have the stock silencer so I chose the Bender.

I have 2001 SXR 700, same set up but no Performace Can. In addition I added reed and reed spaces, cleaned up the mid range a little.

What is your Target RPM? I am at about 8400.

I would recommend backing off the twist on the secondary for the amount of R's you are trying to shed. I went from a 9&2 twist to 9&1 and dropped 100-200 R's. Works great, less belt rubber in pan too! :D

I would highly recommend transfer rods, good bang for your buck, adjustable and easy. Gets you out of the hole allot better. No fussin' with washers etc.

I am a little shy to add a performance can... I do not want to ruin my sweet sleeper sound. Any thoughts? Any one have the stock Can mod done by Maxximum?

You can do the can mod yourself. Check out the tech page and it tells you how to do it. The sound is good and not real loud, just a deeper tone.

My target RPM is now know should be about 8500 which I am actually over by about 350 rpm. My secondary is at 80deg. with a Bender clutch kit. I have stock weights. I have not changes my secondary spring it is the stock spring that came with the machine. I have 7000km maybe it's time to put a new one in the sec. My primary spring was changed with the clutch kit.

Try new secondary spring and Helix From Hauck, Call and ask the tech guys, there are good.

With my same mods we should be close in RPM.

FYI :I have a stage 3 hauck Clutch Kit and have not touch my primary weights. It came with two springs (unsure off hand) and thr helix. Nice backshift with that combo. The techs may be able to set you up tell them what you have.

Back