3.0 pitch vs 2.52 Camo?

Mountain SXr

Buying a new track, but have a few questions.

I'm putting a 141x2" track on my sled this year. Camo offers the regular old faithful 2.52 track, but also offers the new 3.00 pitch.

Is the 3.0 pitch that much better? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I know I'll need new drivers, but will I have to change gearing?

Thanks for the help,

-Jon

Mountain SXr, I'm as interested in the truth about this as you are. I was told that in deep snow, the 3.0 clears headframe snow load up better than the 2.5. The only down side I heard was from a Cat dealer in the mountains. He had a M7 rental sled with a 162" track spear the rail. He blamed it on the 3.0 drivers. I think the track was probably too loose but that was his story.

The 3.0 pitch is lighter as stated by Yamaholic. Additionally because the crossbars are farther apart there is less stress on the track as it rolls over the drivers. It rolls smoother and doesn't rob as much power.

After further review

I talked to my buddy who demos (test rides) tracks and sleds in the mountains. He says the weight is the only gain and that the 2.52 pitch track will out perform the 3.0. Hes tested them so I trust him.

Back