tunnel install

herb

How much work is it to install a ekholm tunnel with the drop and roll to a 02 viper?Does the engine have to come out?How do you figure out where to mount the skid?What would a dealer charge to do something like this?I already have the tunnel but if it is going to be too much hastle i am going to sell it.Any info would be very helpfull.

do you have pics of the tunnel? tunnel install is a pretty complex process, but i mean i wouldn't go off and sell it, you might want to try your hand at it. of course the suspension has to come out as well as the seat, gas tank, coolers and all the junk that will need to be transfered over to the new tunnel, um the trailing arms, trailing arm braces, body side panesl, foot brackets, steering hoop, and possibly quite a bit more. i would not take it to the dealer, it will cost you more than the tunnel brand new. if you are looking to sell the tunnel i might be interested if you have pics, but please don't think i'm tryin to con it out of you. i've only dismantled my srx down to nothing and i'm goin off of memory of what had to come off so i could be wrong. hope this helps, you'll be glad you put it on there if you do!!!

I just competed a tunnel change with rolled chain case. It's a bunch of work. I pulled the engine but probably didn't need to. In fact, I stripped the sled down to the bulk head and started from there. Sure made things easier when it came to wrestling it around. I would post pics if I could figure out how.

Not too bad

It's all a matter of opinion on how hard the tunnel install is.
The tunnel should have came with instructions on how to mount the stock skid.

There should be pre-drilled holes pilot in the tunnel to help locate where the suspension mounts and brackets go.

A dealer will probably charge any where from 16 - 40 hrs to install a tunnel for you, depending on which new johhny on the spot is working on it. Unless they change tunnels on a regular basis, you would probably be better off doing it yourself.

Go for it.

Back