What was your favorite Yamaha sled?

Fasterblaster

My Dad had Yammies from day one. Around '70-'71 he came home with a SL 292 and a 338. A couple years later he traded them for a GP 338 and GP 433. Next was a GPX 440 free-air. It handled like a tank but was fast and sounded great. Then the ultimate, an SRX 440 in '76. I thought the SRX was the coolest machine in the world. It would throw a rooster tail with those metal cleats, i think they were stock. I probably rode that little 338 around the world twice. A little tippy, but quick with all 50 lbs of me on it. I'll never forget the sight of those four sleds all in row on crispy morning just waiting to be ridden. You know, I don't remember anything but gas and oil going into those machines.

SL 292 that brings back memories…that was the first sled I had.....it wasn’t much but I didn’t care I drove that thing in to the ground….I know my dad didn’t like it he had pay for all the gas and oil….it never sat for more than one day in the winter….back when we had winter’s…..but my favorite would be the 84 Phazer, It was the coolest thing I’d ever seen.

go 84

I would agree with that 84 phazer --poor paint choice, but sweet machine.

I rode mine until almost 10k miles.

This was the REV of 1984...

well i have say it my first sled wasnt a yammie,1969 olympic 18hp 1 lunger my dad bought me it was a basket case,but my dad and i put it all back together.i have owned a 1980 340 enticer which i rode the hell out of for 11 yrs, then i bought a 91 phaser mod it all out ski spreaders,piped,picked,ported,polished and clutched.by far the most fun to ride it would dangle the skis anywhere any time.also owned the folowing sleds!
1994 vmax600le
1996 vmax600xt
1997 vmax500xt
1998 vmax700sx (current steed)
1998 vmax600srx(the blue elephant) this sled feels heavy to me,to move around my shop

i have to say i love all the sleds i have owned but the phaser and the sx stand out from the rest i like there power to weight ratio, and i am a sucker for red!

The phazer is definatly most unique! I mean who wouldn't want the headlight to point in the direction you are going, and if you get stuck you can ACTUALLY get it unstuck yourself.

favorite sled

hmm well the yamaha that hold a spot in my heart is my dads 1979 et250. small quick and nimble. my buddies couldnt catch me in the trail and made me break trail because their boats where too heavy to turn around when we went exploring.still has sled.
have had many others
1975 gs338
1978 et340(in shed still)
1985 et340t
1997 et410(old faithful)
2001 SXr500 current ride
but that one is still my favorite.
yamaha forever!!! :D

fav sled

ya? bravos are nice but every one i raced kept seein my flap. ask any one 1979 best year for et250 (fastest yr).

Have a 98 700sx with factory olhlins,8000 miles, on a good day 18 mpg, , yes, still the original belt (want to see just how long it will go), sound is terribly addicting, handling second to none.

I would have to say the old phazers were my favorite. With a dry weight of 403 pounds (I think) they were agile and had enough power with the 485 cc motor. My other favorite sled was the SRX 700. Wish they still made it, love the power and sound.

I would have to say SRV, quick for it's day and handled like it was on rails (low center of gravity) Had a 1980 & 1983 model then of course steped up to a phazer, but liked the SRV the most.

8) The sled i most liked.. hmmmm i would have to say its the wifes 01 phazer..this thing will not get stuck in the deep stuff.. every time i boondock i ride this thing and its awesome! Its not even a mountian goat! Have had a old exciter 2nd 88 exciter 3rd 93 i think vmax-4 4th 97 vmax 500 5th 98 srx 600 ( man i loved that sled also) now have the phazer and 02 viper.. heck if it bleeds blue..... il ride it dude! opps forgot 94 vmax 600.... :lol: always got me home no matter the weather, :lol:

Old phazers is my favorite, goes almost anywhere if not to steep, still takes it out sometimes (not often) instead of my 03vipermm. :D

favorite Yammer

I have owned many Yammers my favorite of all time was my old 1978 440 exciter. always brought me home had about 15 or 20 thousand trouble free miles. The sled was pretty fast for its time and a great sleeper with an SRX upper gear installed ! I drank many beers at others expense on that sled! SRV's, Phazers, VMAX's and now the SRX is of course my current favorite!

Back