1st Annual N.Y. TY ride UPDATE! 01/30/04

R-X-ONE

Our 1st annual N.Y. Ty ride was a huge success! With riders coming from as far as Boston Mass. and PA. for our 2 day event. We started out with 17 riders on Wed. and on Thurs. the group was wittled down to 12 riders. On wed. the group left the Tughill region taking us through Carthage,Crogan,Harrisville to Stillwater and back. Logging approx. 180 miles. With BIG BLACK WARRIOR leading the Team Blue Brigade. Shortly after sunset a Lake effect storm blew in making for white out conditions.Although the going was alittle tough we all made it back to Montague safely. On Thurs. morning (Day 2 of the ride) we awoke to find 8 inches of fresh powder on the ground in Montague. Some fresh TY riders showed up to fill in the voids from other riders having to leave the night before. Thursdays ride took us from Montague to Pulaski,Redfield,Lake Ontario and Oceola and back. The closer we got to Lake Ontario the deeper the snow got due to more lake effect snows.Logging another 150 miles or more. With Monker and BIG BLACK WARRIOR leading the charge of the Team Blue Brigade. Due to a couple of minor problems we lost 2 TY riders on thurs. BostonRX1 lost a rear axle wheel and RX1-Man broke his rear skid spring/rate adjusters and both had to drop out sorry to say. And then there were 10! Having to leave 2 of our TY riders behind was not an easy thing but both were atleast at a gas station and not in the middle of gods crountry. Thank god for cell phones! The rest of the group headed for back to Montague feeling alittle sick about leaving our 2 TY riders behind. But all turned out well. We made it back safely and the 2 stranded riders and they're sleds were picked up and headed for home. The ride was awesome and I feel I'd made 16 new friends plus they were all Yamaha Riders! It does'nt get any better than that! Thank you all for coming to our 1st annual N.Y. TY ride. Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Just one more think. I have to say I could'nt have hand picked a better group of guys for this ride. You were all great! Aside from Pinhead! But I won't even go there! :lol: Please keep in touch ride safe and keep the rubber side down. Til Next Time TY Riders!
C.J. aka RXONE

Some Pics. for our 1st Annual N.Y. TY ride

Here are some pics from our N.Y. TY ride. Some that I took did'nt turn out very well. I think my camera took in alittle too much snow! :lol: Please feel free to post any pics that you might have. Thanks again for making the Ride a huge success!
C.J. aka RXONE

Back