tunnel question

herb

Well i decided to install my ekholm tunnel. The tunnel is mounted,just waiting for the rolled chiancase.I noticed that the coolant hoses on the sled are larger than the pipes on the new tunnel plus the one on the chaincase side needs to be rerouted to fit.Do the hoses have to be replaced or can you use a reducer of some sort.Is moving the jackshaft through the tunnel going to put the clutches out of wack?Any experiences would be very helpful.

I've been thinking about your coolant problems. Bring me the hoses or exact measurements and I'll make you something out of aluminum on the lathe. We talked about cutting the holes for the chaincase and jackshaft. The instructions suggest a hole saw pulled backwards. Thats how I did mine. The hole ended up slightly under sized so I finished it with a sanding drum on a drill. The holes on the tunnel should provide proper set up for the clutch to engine distance. You will need a 1/4" rivet puller for the trailing arm supports. I have one you can borrow. Call me or drop down to the shop.

I checked my hoses for size. On the mm the size changes at the filler fitting. 1" from the engine to the fitting and smaller from the fitting to the running board cooler. Maybe post a WTB on this site and ask for a MM filler cap and fitting. You will probably find one and it won't cost a lot of $.

Back