RE: Anyone else here Drag Racing M-Max's in 1/8 mile???

MountainMax

RE: Anyone else here Drag Racing M-Max's in 1/8 mile???

im looking for anyone else racing mmax's so we can compare data and setup information, seems like most people arent', I found the mmax is actually lighter then a stock SRX and with the longet track it hooks up better, and with triple pipes it's about the same HP as an SRX too.

I raced my 3 700 mm,s a lot. You will not beat a properly set up srx. They have similar hp but way more torque. That 2" track will kill ya at about 200' out due to the fact it weighs over 50 pounds & is like turning 2 tracks over. Stock weights with a 54/44 helix works great for racing in a MM.

Yeah, I get my buddies SRX on the start every time and he takes me at the finish line, I even tried to cut my track down to 1.25" added bender pipes, changed gearing, nothing helped me, I made lots of other mods this summer hope it will make a diff.

The stock weight of a MMax is actually lighter then a SRX also. and with bender pipes should be close the the same HP.

I know a guy who has an RMK 700 slightly modified and he beats the SRX's every time, even the firecat f7's and he has a 141x1.25" track so there should be some way I can get mine to do the same.........
must be the proper gearing/clutching, what gears did you run and what track drivers are you using on your mmax's to race 1/8 mile with?

Back