121 to 144?

im running a 136" x 1.75". i havent ran it yet, its still in the process. if you are going to do a lot of powder i would go with the 144" tipped rail extensions (same profile as a switchback) and a 1.5" intense design track. then it will be pretty good on trail and off too! after thinking about it a lot im kind of wishing i went that route, although mine should be sufficiant for where i ride. here is a pic of the rails with the extensions powdercoated.

Attachments

• Picture33_002.jpg
    Picture33_002.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 16
o cool that pic looks awesome and i was definetely considering the 1.5 track b/c i wouldnt have to get 8 tooths. I am just nervous about the rails breaking b/c of the immenxe ammount of extension(121-144). Well, Thanks for the info and the pic. Anyone else have oppinions as well?

Take this for what it is worth from someone with no actual hand-on knowledge of those particular extensions . . .

Those extensions are designed to be a lot stronger at the connect point than the OEM 144 rails are at the same point.

no tracks usa ever.........

i would never order track extensions from tracks usa...they totally screwed my buddy over and wouldnt accept responsibility for it....( they shipped the worng ones (polaris instead of a/c) and told him basically...deal with it...) very poor service....if ya want some quality shiat with great service talk to tom harman.....hartmaninc.com......toms the only way to go......(from my experience) just my 2 cents.....
~brock

That is the first negative input I have heard about in dealings with Tracks USA. Maybe there is more to the story . . .

mountainman said:
o cool that pic looks awesome and i was definetely considering the 1.5 track b/c i wouldnt have to get 8 tooths. I am just nervous about the rails breaking b/c of the immenxe ammount of extension(121-144). Well, Thanks for the info and the pic. Anyone else have oppinions as well?
i really wouldnt worry about anything breaking. the extensions are really strong, and i dont think 144 rails would be stronger. although oem 144 rails would be lighter.

I had an extension from 121- 136" on my Vmax 4, and I must have gone off of a pretty good jump and landed hard, because there were two cracks in the rails. Not the extensions, but the rails. So I'd wager that you'd probably have problems with the rails before you had problems with the extensions if you got them.

everyone that does alot of rail extension's say tracksusa has the best one's.I went with hartman's my self because track's usa dosen't make them for the vector skid.

HMMMMMM thanks for all the input and since only 1 post was bad, ill think ill probably go with 1444 tracksusa extesnions. Does anyone have any pics of a 144 kit installed? and what will i do about the coolers? Thanks

Back