porting/ head mod

srx600

I was wondering about how many ours of labor it is for a dealer technician to put back the engine together and set everything back up after you get you engine ported? Is porting worth the $700 for 10 to 15 hp. Is head modification/shaving alot of work to put back together with a new base gasket after they do it? Is it worth the $300 for the 5to 6 hp? Are the gain noticable?

Get some Race Logic templates and port them yourself.They really are easy to do.Wether they work or not i will have to wait till winter and see.They are $120 or $70 if you snatch them up off Ebay.I had a set of heads cut for $120 or 130 i think.Call SimonsCPR.

i got the same thing done to mine ,but got my pistons cut and coated also.bender racing in ontario.

I did the Race Logic templates w/mine. I'd say you should put the engine back together yourself and save a few bucks. (unless you're really not comfortable tearing into it that deep. You can call me if you want at 814-796-6666 to save me a lot of typing. I'll try and give you a few tips if you want to do it yourself. I'm usually home after 4pm weekdays eastern time. (PA). Marc Matczak.

I have had my sled done for the past 3 years and it has worked very well.
I have not had any problems with the engine work. I had Tom Hebb from by Edmonton do the engine porting. I also put a Peak performance head on with reed and spacers. I did build a boost bottle that I installed , this has worked very well in the mid range and pulls very strong in the mountains. I can play with the big guys with the 800's. Know I am going to change out the tunnel from Ekholm that has the 2" kick on the rear. I already have a 2" 151 track under it.

Back