Four stroke Yamahas

Yammi1

Just curious as to what kind of four stroke sled would everyone like Yamaha to build since it is the direction they are taking. I think it is so stupid that all of the new models look like RX-1s. The graphics aren't that great either. Does anyone remember the survey of the different graphics on the Yamaha sleds? They had some sweet looking ones. Anyway, what I would like to see (besides each model looking like a different model) is maybe a lighter V-twin (RS Phazer maybe?) for the trail sport category and I think a turbo charged 3 cylinder with 180 hp would be cool. Maybe they could call it the SRX1. I'm sure in the next 2 - 3 years we'll see some cooler fourstroke sleds that weigh less. I think the Vector weighs about 530 pounds dry which isn't too bad but if it was a tad lighter and had a completely fresh and new design it would be a really cool sled. What do you guys think?

I would like to see a snow X sled that can compete. They made there moto X bikes good now lets see a sno X.

I also do not like that almost every sled looks like the rx1 I think they should have made a hole new style for the rage and vector and left the rx1 its own style.

If they could make a 600 turbo and have 140+hp and be around the 500lb area i would be intrested.

I was hoping that they would make one hell of a powerfull 2 stroke for 2005 to leave the 2 stroke area with a bang!

different twist

Yammi One, I appreciate the positive twist you are aiming for.

I think many folks simply want a ditchbanger or sno x type sled--whatever you want to call it.

As far as the vector weight--i bet it is a lot more than 530lbs, because a Viper true dry weight was over 520lbs. Yamaha first said the rx1 was like 560lbs ish, but true dry weight came out to be 618... Of course they all lie, but the "others" ditch bangers true weight (done by independent firms) are below 500lbs. I think we were kidding ourselves (me included) with the optimism that a 4 stroker would be under 500lbs.

I may consider a rx1, but not until I am old and just want to brag about how far my retirement check will carry me on my sled due to gas milleage.--Smile --even all the blue bleeders, for goodness sake these are toys...

Four stroke weight

I hope some publication weighs all the new Yamaha's so we can see what they really weigh. The RS Vector is supposed to weigh about as much as a Viper ER which has a claimed dry weight of 529 I do believe. But as you said that is probably untrue. I wish they didn't lie about the weights of their sleds so much! A four stroke under 500 pounds is not going to happen, at least not for quite some time, but one around 520 pounds might not be too far off, who knows. One thing is for sure though, they can strip weight off these four stroke sleds; just look at the modified mountain RX1s. Some of them get 80 pounds stripped off. Not too shabby, but expensive. Anyone remember the Redline fourstroke twin that was supposed to come out? That thing was incredibly light but I'm sure it came at a price. Anyway it will be interesting to see if they can make one reasonably light and hopefully they will have some cool color options at least. I think they have done a pretty good job with making four strokes work in a snowmoblie but they have their work cut out for them that's for sure.

Back