Help - brokedown today

viperpilot

Something in the drive train broke on one of the SX R's today. The belt and clutch are still spinning and the engine works fine, but the track is locked up. I think the chain broke, but this is a first for me. What should I expect when I open it up? How big of a deal is this? Any help is appreciated.

more info

The info provided is minimal, but i wil give it a run.

Yes - you may have brken a chain, but I doubt it. I have 700sx,and spun the drive cogs on the drive shaft. (the shaft is hexagon, and the drivers are plastic) Over time wiith having some big air/big impact I spun the drivers and the track wouldnt spin.

Check your drivers first, by simply turning the machine on its side, and ck the chaincase 2nd (easy) pul your silencer, and tip the sled on its ride side, and remove cover. Dont do this over your new white rug

Good luck

Chaincase

There was oil leaking from the chaincase afterward. Why do you think it unlikely that the chain broke. Wouldn't that fir the symptoms?

open it

rip it open and see what it is, then ask us how much its going to cost. You are asking for dental work over the phone.

Misunderstood

Yea, I apologize if I was not clear. I intend to do this but was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or had this happen to them. No big deal. Thanks.

well

There are alot of sx's on here for parts better start looking for a chain case. If you need help getting it apart, email me. Make sure you set all of the parts down in an order. Maxdlx

Back