Mountain Bars

warden

I'm a really BIG fan of the new bar setup on the Apex Mountain...Has anyone attempted to convert their bars yet on the 03-05? If so, what did it cost you?

YAMAHA @%$#&*! ROCKS :4STroke:

I change all my sled to Renthal Banshee bars. They are wider and taller than stock. You can add a riser to it also. I currently have a 4 inch riser with the Banshee bars and its nice and high and wide

Attachments

• TY Forums photo resize.jpg
    TY Forums photo resize.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 17
I just put a set of Cat M-bars on mine. The bars are a little wider and a lot more straight across the top. Had to cut the curved part of the grip area off to slide on the throttle block. I ended up putting my hooks on with my factory grips. Some people are tig welding the curved part back onto the bars after the throttle block installation and sticking with the Cat style grips. I also ditched the mechanical parking brake and went with a Wilwood master cylinder and brake lever. The master cylinder is quite a bit lighter than the stock set-up plus you get to loose the cable and mechanics for the stock parking brake set-up. Between the bars, different master cylinder, and loosing the mechanical parking brake I would say it was a easy 4 pound weight loss......and for relatively cheap too.

Sweet!

I had the same hooks...busted one off and know I can't find them anywhere! Hardcore looking setup ;)!

Back