going through my 700SX

Tod

VIP Member
this is an older picture with the steel skis.

Attachments

• ty-resizedMVC-122F.JPG
    ty-resizedMVC-122F.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 25

Going through the entire sled. Rebuild the Top end - New pistons, new rings, new piston pins, bearings and clips. New head and base gaskget.

Attachments

• open motor resize for ty.JPG
    open motor resize for ty.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 30
engine bay cleaned up and ready for the motor to be droped back in.

Attachments

• sledcleanmotorbayResizeTY.JPG
    sledcleanmotorbayResizeTY.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 44
All shocks have been rebuilt. Front and Rear suspention is going to be rebuilt. Bought the heavey duty bushing kit for the rear and front. Everything is getting attention. Just went through both clutches. repacked the bearing under the speedo drive and the jackshaft. Changed gear oil in the chaincase and also reinstalled my stock top gear.

More Pics.

Attachments

• sledmess1resize TY.JPG
    sledmess1resize TY.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 38
  • newbushingsnylatronresizeTY.JPG
    newbushingsnylatronresizeTY.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 20
looks good, nice build ya got goin there. keep em commin guys, this kinda stuff keeps me sane, or somewhat close, till i get back to workin on mine or the snow gets here!!! whichever comes first!!!

looks like its coming along nicely Tod. How many miles on that baby now? Is this your first time replacing your rear bushings?

7000 miles on this unit. I have replaced selected bushings before but this tim this entire unit is getting attention. I plan on rideing it this season then its four stroke time. And keep the SX forever.

Tod

I would keep that sx too with the condition that its in, looks great. What was your compression before and after rebuild (i realize it isn't broken in yet).

Being a non engine builder, how is it getting the cylinders off and on?

When removing the engine how much of a hassle is it to work with the recoil mechanism?

Looks great! I am getting ready to do that to my viper maybe next summer depending on miles this year and of I burn it down with the pipes :)

Cylinders are very easy to take off. Just drain the antifreeze, pull the head, pull the four bolts for each cylinder and slide them off. The recoil is easy too, just pull the four bolts and take it off, nothing comes flying apart because there is a bolt holding a plate for the pawls that holds it all together.

well have not gotten allot further but did have time to install the front bushings and have the rear skid ready to be installed.

Attachments

• DSC02323.JPG
    DSC02323.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02324.JPG
    DSC02324.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC02325.JPG
    DSC02325.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 19
Come on you can't miss it that much yamaholic. I mean you get to ride it when ever you want as long as I get to ride your sled. Remember last year, you didn't want to give yoru old sled back to me. lol ;)!

AWSOME LOOKING SX, i just clean mine up too.

dam for 7000 miles, that sled looks like its in near new condition. Those are definately the best sleds ive ever rode on the trails, so low you cant tip lol.

Looks very nice Tod. I like the red yellow combo and detail on it. Ever think of painting one spring yellow and one red in the rear suspension. Be like the sx's last call ride, everyone come. LOL Maxdlx

Its back together............

and it even started up............LOL

Attachments

• 97 700sx rebuilt.JPG
    97 700sx rebuilt.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 23
  • sled rear suspention.JPG
    sled rear suspention.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 19

Back