idle problems

yamvip

03 viper idles at 1800 rpms,after comming to a stop it stays at 4000,blip the gas and it goes down.I need to know what the fix is??? Thanks

You could turn out the fuel screws but it would be rubbery down low on a warm day & it will effect fuel mileage a bit. Most guys just live with it. A quick shot of 1/2 on choke drops rpm,s real quick.

:twisted: Turned idle down to 1400 rpm's and problem solved. But also noticed one slide was adjusted alittle off from the others when I was cleaning them but liked the way it idled down low and just let it there. Before that hit the throttle like you. (Turk was wondering if you recieved message I sent you on gearing up the viper?) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:twisted: Sorry I didn't mention that I adjusted the slide to be like others but never checked to see if that was the problem. But lower idle and if you have to lower it alittle more do it it does work. :twisted: :twisted:

about gearing up a viper??

Yes I believe i did get a message one tooth up right i think he said 22 is stock and to go with 23. Thanks

Back