would i like a 03 rx mtn

steamboatrider123

i live in co and mainly ride rabbit ears pass. i really like to buzz threw the trees but dont want to have to deal with 2 strokes any more. Im coming off a 01 summit hmx and would like to not spened more than i have to (im fourteen cash is low) but would like to drop some wieght. i do some hill climbing and other stuff too tho. I rode my dads 04 and it was nice but only got to ride it in a lil fluff but seems nice how much wieght do you guys think that i could drop if i got creative and did all the free stuff. Also how much do you think i could get a rx 1 in ok shape for around co

Id bet you could drop at least 50 pound off of an RX-1 with an aftermarket exhaust (single tailpipe), lightweight seat and other lightweight goodies.
If you want something thats really light and "flickable", you might be better off to go with a Viper mountain or SRX mountain.
The RX-1s have a lot of power but they are far from being the lightest sleds in the world.

You should be able to find an 03 rx mtn in the 4-5K range. Also, you may be able to shed some pounds off of it for free, especially if you get creative. You pick up some good ideas on losing weight from www.snowest.com , and a ton of info on the rx's @ www.rx1.info

Good luck in your search and get some pictures for us if you find one.

As far as the srx mtn being light and flickable.... not exactly.

the 04 rx1 mnt is lighteer than the 03' but they are still pretty heavy, not very easy to flick around but very very good in the powder and on the hills.

Back