clutch offset

flyingbroke

ok iam old and new to this sport and dont like paying to have work done,I have been looking for a manuel just have not come across a deal yet.could some one tell me exactly how to use the clutch alignment tool from mountain performance,center to center no brainer but when you put the offset tool on the outer end of second dairy where is it supposed to land on primary are you checking with secondary pulled to mounting bolt,and it should land on center line on out side primary sheave,put it this way i just dont know how it works or if anyone would be willing to explain. thank you.

not sure where the one i used came from so , this may not apply , but you should have the primary clutch on the sled all torqued down like you are goin to run it , the long thin part of the tool goes on the back side of the primary , it should lay flat against the back side of the sheave then the end with the two nubs (??) should lay flat against the back side of the secondary ...im not much of a typest so if you want shoot me your phone # with a private message and i can call ya , i just did this about 4 days ago ... i will go look at you tool on mt. perfomance web site to make sure its the same thing i used ...

ya its the same thing , if i didnt make sence it my post , give me your # and ill give you a call ...

Back