Help on Making Rocker Ski's

MountainMax

ON the TY tech section there is a place there to make a ship to turn your ski's into Rocker Skit like on the SX-R's, My questions are will my MMax benefit from this? is it only the SX-R that has them stock and which way do you install the ships, there are three layers to make it, do the smaller layer go down or up???? there is no instructinos on mounting them or listing why this is a good or bad mod? any help please?

it really doesnt matter what side goes where. But I put the small parts down and this was only offered on the SX-r skis and really helped on the SRX to help with the hard turning effort.

I don't see why a wider front end would make it harder to turn.

you could also put on wider handle bars to make a sled easier to turn

I put a power steering unit on mine off of a 1979 ford 3/4 ton pickup, really helps when boon docking :D

I am not sure why it would, but someone told me that it would, then I read about the rocker skis and wanted to do it, anyone know what 60 thous is in inches? like 1/8 thickness????

Pst...Flat skis float better in deep snow, and are less nervous going down a trail. I personally think rocker skis are way over hyped, and don't deserve the attention. I've got a set of 7" wide C&A's I'll sell ya, they float like a mother!

actually a more aggressive ski all togather such as the C&A's due both, float and carve. Thats what I run. BUt they take more steering effort and that what the rockers achieve. Less steering effort.

Back