what will climb higher a mm 700 or rx 1

steamboatrider123

i was wondering what would climb higher a mm 700 with a 151 track or a rx1 mtn
im considernig a mm 700 and my dads rx1 climbs plenty high for me just wondering what you guys think

I would think it would be close the mm is lighter then the rx1 but the rx1 has a wider powerband so id put my money on the rx1

i know that much and totally agree but im considering selling my 01 doo hmx and getting a mm because they're so reliable i'd definitly put on a 151 track and tripple pipes but im wondeirng if it will climb high enough for my liking. I've ridden my dads rx1 and it will take on all the hills that i've been comftrable going up

LFM said:
Change the tunnel and you will climb anywhere. A friend of mine has a 2000 MM 700 with rolled chaincase and Ekholm tunnel with pipes. He outclimbs my stock MM 700 by a mile

I agree! I've had two sleds now with the ekholm/MPI tunnel and rolled chaincase. One was a 99 MM700, now I've got an 03 viper. I noticed a HUGE difference in climbing ability after just doing a tunnel on my MM and going from a 136 to a 144. The MM was also ported with pipes. In fact, I used to live in Craig CO (I noticed the originator is named Steamboatrider) and rode it with a few of the locals down there. The only name I remember is Granbush, Hankins, that's about it. I did alot more than just a tunnel on my viper and have had great results.

Your question about which sled will make the highmark, rx1 or MM? Too many unknown variables. In hardpack, spring conditions, straight up, the rx1 will be hard to beat. In fresh powder with a short run up, weight is very important and the rx1 is gonna dig a hole much sooner than the MM. Boondocking, the rx1 is no fun, very headstrong and heavy. Takes a really strong rider to enjoy and rx1 in the early season. I've ridden them both in most mountain conditions and prefer ther MM. They are easily lightened, have a bulletproof engine, get acceptable fuel economy and respond well to engine mods. Hope this helps you.

Im sure alot of people would like to see them come back but I doubt anybody would buy one.

There have been some real sweet mm mods on here for sale over the last year or so and none of them sold for anywhere near the price they were worth.

98srx6 is right, if yamaha's 2-stroke consumer's hadda put there money where there mouths where, we'd still have them coming from big blue.

and id love to see yamaha come out with the updated MM..maybe a 800 with pipes and a 151 or 156 2'' ... stock riser like the apex mtn and a some decent skis stock and a lightweight seat like the polaris proX2 tahdt be a sled that even yammi haters mite buy :D

what should my new sled be? i believe in a year or so ill be gettin a new one... i dont ride mountain but i think it would be fun to get a mountain max and ride that round... i mean i do ride the powder alot but no mountains in MN... or i would like to get a viper and just extend it

Back