Srx engine in a mm?

Brauten

i have a 02 mm700 with a broken engine, i also have a srx 01. i was thinking about putting the srx engine in the mm. is it possible? my mm was piped will the pipes fitt?

There was a thread about putting an srx engine the sx chassis on the Snowest forums. I'm not sure but I think it would work. I don't think you can use the pipes from your MM though. Good luck.

i am pretty sure you will have to change the bulkhead along with everything else, better off just buying a srx. imo

there was an SXR on ebay with the SRX engine. Had to go with aftermarket pipes to make it fit. I am not sure what other mods had to be done but I dont think the bulkhead was replaced.

why dont you just take the tunnel extension, rails, track and that sort of stuff off you mm and modify your srx

steamboatrider123 said:
if you cant use your pipes on your sled i'll buy them
since i live in norway i dont think it will be worth the shipping cost for a used pair of pipes...

got a mail from titus at huack, and he says my problem will bee the rpm the pipes are designed for, i think that can be solved with a different cdi.(had major clutcing problems getting my 02 engine run at 9100rpm..) and that the conections with the cylinders aren`t the same om sx and srx engines. otherwise it should fitt.

roach_ma said:
why dont you just take the tunnel extension, rails, track and that sort of stuff off you mm and modify your srx

because the srx is a wreck... the engine is good but the rest is just junk + it is very illegal too do that in norway (go figure)....

there is a guy on heere that has a srx in a mm chasis withnstock pipes with the shields removed and a dynoport silencer.

I wander who that guy could be..would like to see how the SRX pipes fit in the mm chassis.Would be cool to get some pics of that setup and if the hood had to be modded.

Last edited:

Back