2006 yamaha sleds?

Fast_Eddy

Website
www.xtremesled.tk
I know this is still a long way away and the talk i have heard is prob. Crap..But i heard that this year is more of a test run for the new 4 stroke triple and for 2006 they will be raising the HP alot and making the rx-1 at least 180hp. Along with even more weight reductions.
Do you think there is much truth in this or just some more talk?

Seeing is believing time will tell,what i would like to see for 06 is 600 high powered 120hp lightweight 475#wet weight twin 4 stroke now that would be something to see :shock:

ya, a 600 twin with the Mono-shock skid and a low boost turbo (5-6psi) for around 120hp would be nice. ya, make it 485 lbs so its 1# lighter than my 600 2stroke yami!

I heard.......

from a very Reliable source that Yamaha Engineers have gotten their hands on a post production Rev chassis that they painted blue and stuck a 90 lb turbine in it out of a comanchee helicopter. Should spin 90,000 rpm, not bad for an egine that weighs 90 Lbs (thats the truth!), only trouble is the gearbox is giving them grief, but by mid 2004 they expect to have it running at Cooke City. They have to stick 3 little tiny engineers on it to keep it on the ground, once they power up it wants to take off. :lol:

Yeah a light weight 600 would be real cool if it had some power.
What is the power rating of the R6 street bike? I was expecting it to be in a sled this year.

The problem with the R6 engine is that is Redlines ~14,000rpm If I remeber correctly, but makes 100+hp. Not a good sled engine and would require stepdown clutching just line the RX1 did (not good for wieght reduction). A twin based on the new 3 cylinder would weigh in at about 650cc and run about 80-85hp with no boost, not bad for something that should qualify as a 440cc t stroke replacement engine. Now add a trubo system to it and run some boost to get it to the 120hp range and it would be able to take on equivalent sized 2 strokes.

KBX,

Verrry interesting, ...hell of a scoop, should be great for some those high altitude mountain mashing folks.

Problem is by the time they put on a turbo the price will be thru the roof!
Give Yamaha Corp. some time and there will be a 500 lb or less, RS Mtn Vector to fit my needs. I believe it with all my heart. I just hope I won't fall in love with a different mt. sled before hand. I am looking.

Back