Custom Footwell extensions??????

familyman

Lifetime VIP Member
I just got my footwells lazer cut and formed. I have to do a little mod...cus my cad drawing wasnt perfect.

Hope to work on them this week. :bling:

They are a little thick, but im not putting anything under them so I think that will be okay.

Any opinions before I drill drill drill?

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 19
  • extension2.JPG
    extension2.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 53
  • extension1.JPG
    extension1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 66

I am attaching them to my rails with stainless screws that will ack like grip. If I need more then on line of screw I will add more. I have to wait to see.

Screws im talking about are like the ones we put in the tires of the quads for ice racing.

Looking good!!! Maybe I can get over sometime tues or weds. I am going to a sale on Thurs that has some sleds on it. I'll bring my clutch alignment tool with. Maxdlx

I think they came out about 1/2" wider then yours.

I will be around. I do need to get to town and pick up some rivets and screws so I can get those on. I trimmed them last night..let me attach a new picture.

Couple more pics. I measured, at the rear of the extensions im at 7" wide.

Attachments

• extension3.JPG
    extension3.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 36
  • extension4.JPG
    extension4.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 21
Wow that truly looks amazing, great job!!! That will be like a new sled, i HATE when my feel slip off the boards, tore my ACL like that!!!

tore your ACL from slidin off the board? how'd you do that? did it turn sharply when it came off or did your foot catch somethin on the ground? i see A LOT of ACL injuries in the sports field...

I have been lucky enough not to tear anything on my bod..but they do slip alot. I put aftermarket rail anti-slides on the wifes sled and they are better, but I want to put these on that too. I get my boots wedged in the footwells alot and the wife says that happends to her too.

By the way, I will be making 12 sets soon and they will be for sale when I get the bugs worked out of them. I think they will be around $175-200 set. I need to work the numbers. I dont plan on making money on these, just want to break even and get my name out!

Let me know if anyone is interested in these.

I also wanted to mention that these follow the body lines of the front end. They dont stick out. The just make the sled a straight line if you look down the front.

They are polished stainless, so no paint or powder coat needed. i'd guess them just a little havier than rox. Maxdlx

I will definately do that.

I need to work them over a little.

yea i tore my acl because as i fell off (i was already doing probably 25mph when i fell off), i was kind of in a running position, trying to get my feet to catch up with my body so i wouldn't fall on my face, and i landed on my left leg with it turned side ways somewhat, and heard a loud pop as it bent back/sideways. I was down for the count. Got surgery for it in march and had 6 months of rehab to get it better. It's still noticeably weaker than the other leg though, so im not finished yet. :o| Note to self: don't do that again!

yamaholic22 said:
yea i tore my acl because as i fell off (i was already doing probably 25mph when i fell off), i was kind of in a running position, trying to get my feet to catch up with my body so i wouldn't fall on my face, and i landed on my left leg with it turned side ways somewhat, and heard a loud pop as it bent back/sideways. I was down for the count. Got surgery for it in march and had 6 months of rehab to get it better. It's still noticeably weaker than the other leg though, so im not finished yet. :o| Note to self: don't do that again!
im no expert, but that sounds like it hurt! #$%&* :o|

yea it wasn't a pleasurable experience. Now i have a nice 7 inch scar on my knee to show for it ;):D

Back