SXR almost dome

yamyrider

Well I am finally recovering form surgery and able to continue the fun of getting the SXR ready for snow.
So far I have replaced rings, 1 piston, thin head gasket, cleaned carbs, Aaen triples, SRX rear heat exchanger, reapinted trailing arms, installed new skis, 2" riser and rebuilt rear skid.
Only thing left is the polaris wheels and install my 8dn10 in the primary.
And then shine her up and ready for snow. Once I am done that I can take out the 600ER and install adjustable tranfer rods, reed spacers and some clutching.

Attachments

• trailing arm.jpg
    trailing arm.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 18
  • pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 50
  • skid.jpg
    skid.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 30

Nice job! So far I like those trailing arms. How many layers are you running for the head gasket? Tough break on the surgery, i know how it feels... wasn't able to sled for two months. Those Aaens run pretty good (at least on my 600). With heelclickers i beet my dads new RX Warrior 2 out of 3 times. (not really fair... he's only had the sled for a week, no time to get used to it and the race was maybe 400 feet long lol) All I have to worry about now is a buddy's 600 HO SDI. Here I am blabbing! lol What i meant to say out of all this is good job.

Looking great brother, like the trailing arms. Your aaen's look much cleaner than mine did. I sanded the aaen decals down to bare metal, polished them to make them shiny, then clear coated them with clear hot paint. Looked awesome with the black surrounding paint, just an idea for you.

Hum shiny bling bling on the pipes...I like that. I just may try it.
Thanks for the idea...but my wife is not gonna be happy with you for finding something else to do to the sled and spending more time on the garage...lol

Back