Can you have your track to loose

maxdlx

VIP Lifetime Member
Hey I went out for a spin today, and when I get in deep snow, I have a growl like the track is rubbing, and sure enough it is rubbing the tunnel protectors some. the track is notched, sop thats not the problem. I do hae about 4.5 inches of free hang. I have anti ratchet drives, so it can't be ratcheting, at least I don't think so. What does everyone else run there track at, and any ideas on the noise. Maxdlx

If you mean the track is hanging down from the skid frame with the tail suspended and the distance between the two is 4.5", then IMO, its way too loose. I would tighten to 1.5" of free sag. The noise you are hearing is probably the track hitting the tips of the skid rails. Not good.

Definitely track too loose. I put on the extroverts on my MM700 last season and ran the track loose (1.5" sag) and ended up pitch forking the track with the end of the rails. Track tore and blew off at 75 mph, caused damage to tail section and back bumper. With a loose track your extrovert drivers will push the track way as it rolls around the axle and will only be touching the tips of the lugs. The noise you hear is no doubt the track skipping or the track lugs hitting the bulkhead. It's true that a loose track creates less drag, but dont over do it.

Back