Hey Fasterblaster

Matt

I got that puppy all tore down in the garage already. Exhaust system is off, wire-brushed, treated with an acid solution to eat the rest of the rust off, washed off with Methyl hydrate and painted with high temp black; about 4 coats so far. Springs have been soaked in the same solutions. I painted those same chemicals on to the manifold and shot it with a little black as well. Exhaust is ready for install.

Air box and carbs are off. I thinking about completing the reed stopper notch while its all apart. Air box is clean now but had a lot of oil in it. Might be 'fog' residual. Just starting the carb inspection tonight.

Took the rollers off the primary last night and cleaned them up. I've also scotch-brite'd the primary. It looks ok but one of the rollers is a little stickier than the other two. I haven't done the 'fingers' yet. The seem really free except one is a little sticky as well.

I've been using a couple of wire wheels on my cordless to buff some rust and a weird whitish build up off the cylinders and crankcase. Its a ton of work, but it looks a lot better. I don't like working on a dirty engine, so i clean it then fiddle with it.

Heres how it looks so far. Come on by and have a beer. The beer fridge is about 18 " from the machine, so its easy to find.

Call me on the cell if you're coming for a beer.

Attachments

• DSC01853.JPE
    DSC01853.JPE
    15.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC01855.JPE
    DSC01855.JPE
    15.5 KB · Views: 96

Back