Removing stock transfer rods

ReaperSRX

I have just finished removing my shocks for revalve & long travel, and now want to remove stock rods, i have ordered Max rods, i have only removed the four back skid bolts and the skid is down, my question is how to remove the stock rods from there, not sure on how to remove wheel to access rod......help.......

Place a block of wood over the shaft and wack it a few times with a hammer to break it loose.Just dont hit the shaft directly with the hammer or you will mess it up.Pull the wheel off and the rod then pull the shaft out from the opposite side of skid.

Don't start pounding until you remove the c-clip from behind the wheel. I know, I know, that's a no brainer. But I've seen guys try.

Trekkr....What are you talking about? If he takes that c-clip out he is going to remove the wheel and leave the bearing on the shaft. Maybe you were thinking of something else but to remove the transfer rods, all you do is drop the skid, try and support the wheel and pound on the axle using a block of wood or old bolt in the shaft to protect it when hitting it. One wheel will come off and then you slide the shaft out. ===SRXSRULE===

RULES - Yeah, holy cow, don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for the correction. I guess I was thinking there was a clip keeping the bearing on or something. My apologies.

Al - Too many of those lately. 31 and already with minor brain damage, and I don't drink! :( Sounds like your Vipe is dialed in fairly well... best of luck this season!

Back