Yamasawki?

lancer

Hey guys hows it going. I recently aquired a 1980 Kawaski invader. I was given the sled for free. It has 1000 original miles on and is in mint shape except for a tear in the seat.As you probably know these thing are well known for blowing up and parts are hard to find. Well this one is blown up and thats why it was free. A guy that i know had a smashed up 1990 Exciter that had been stripped of all good parts except for the engine and all wiring. It runs good and i picked it up for 200.00 dollars. So im in the midst of grafting the 570 into the 440 engine compartment. Should be fun but i love a challange. I let you know how i'm making out or if i need any help with wiring etc. Have a happy and safe holiday!! Lancer ;)!

leave the invader alone! I have a 79 drifter 440, fricken awesome machine. Unless the invaders are WAY different, leave it alone, its a classic!!!!!

The invader is a liquid cooled not a fan cooled machine. I used to have a 340 drifter. Your right they are awsome sleds. The invaders are well known for blowing up as this one is. The bearing on the pto side of the engine went for a dump and took out the oil pump which also drives the water pump. Parts for these motors are very hard to find and very expensive. I am going to take my time and do it right. The sled will still look completly stock it will just be more user friendly. I will post some pics when it is done. Lancer :2strokes:

Invader parts are easy to get around here, easier to fix the 440 than put the 570 in it because of the way Kaw mounted the engines, hanging them on the side like they did, but getting crank parts or the crank done is a cakewalk.

Aw well its to late now. Just finished seting the 570 in place. I know what your gonna say "there known for blowing up to!". But i know guys with lots of miles on theres with no probs. Just thought i'd let you guys know what i was up to. I didn't mean to make you guys upset or make enemies. :oops: Anyways if i afended anyone i'm sorry and i won't make anymore posts Have a happy holiday Lancer ;):D

heck no, keep posting :) this is a great site for speaking your mind and NOT getting bashed for it :) we pride ourselves on it and I for one would be ashamed if we drove you away! Eric

heck yea throw that baby in there, we throw a 540 vmax engine into a 77 srx chassis we have laying around once in a while, thing really goes like mad being as light as it is. ;)! Custom projects like that are a lot of fun working with the old iron (or aluminum in the case of the 77 srx)

Thanks for your support guys!! ;)! I do love to customize things. When i'm done i'll try to post some pics for you. Have a good one Lancer!!

P.S For those of you who don't like the idea :Moon: Ha Ha just kidding!! We all have our own oppinions. Lancer ;)!

hehe..just messing with you! Anyone willing to wrench like that has an A in my book! ;)!

hows the project going? i have a 1979 intruder that i just did an engine rebuild on , that thing is fast! for a 440 fan its scary. the only problem is no suspension.(owww my acking back.) im also a sick individual as ive been toying with the idea of putting a 8 inch susp under her pl :yrules: us seeing if i could graft on the yamy pogo front end . ive heard its been done by some enterprising person allready.

please keep us updated id like to put susp [front and rear] under my 1979-440 intruder and would be very interested in your progress. the intruder is a 440 fan and completely reliable motor but the susp ,if you can call it that , does suck! im thinking pogo front and polaris or yammy rear?

Back