trip to usa.or canada

max

I think about doing a trip to usa or canada,any suggestions on where i should go?what is the price for renting sleds and insurance cost?
By the way,is there any of you guys that has been takin a trip to sweden?
We have a lot of nice areas for sledding,and the snow is a little different here,more fluffy snow,(what i heard from friends that took a ride to canada) thanks

I take it you are from Sweden and thinking of coming to the USA or Canada to go sledding. Wow, now That, is a sleddin trip!!!

I would say that it depends on what kind of riding you are looking for, and what else you want to do while you are there.

Canada has a lot of excellent trails without the traffic of the US. There are too many places to mention, but the Gaspe pennisula in Quebec, the Abiti-Témiscamingue / Timmins Ontario area, or anywhere in Northern Ontario are great. You could even plan a trip starting in Quebec, and stay a different place every night as you go across to Thunder Bay, Ontario.

If it is mountain riding you are after, checkout www.snowest.com

In the US there are so many options that the magazines with 50 areas listed, barely scratch the surface. It is a good thing though, as this is where the majority of the riders are as well. Especially in Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

I expect see posts from others soon who I've offended by not mentioning their favorite riding areas, but the most important thing is to go where the snow is. Winters of late have been a bit finicky, but there is always snow somewhere.

place to ride

Up here in northern maine is a nice place to ride, we have trails open from november to april and if were lucky a bit of may. Plus rentals arent expensive.

If you don't want to mess around, go to quebec, you could get lost for weeks and never see the same place twice :D Make sure you spend some time at the La Manoir Richelieu (fairmont resort)- Love that outdoor hot tub and salt water pool.

Back