16" wide tracks

Ultimax

Hey gang,
Does anyone know if the 16" wide tracks will fit under a 2000 MMax chassis. I would like to try a 16x144. It looks like it would be a tight fit, but has anyone tried it yet? Thanks.

ohh, talk about a tight fit, you now have less then an inch each side of the track now to the tunnel and with a wider track you won't have much room for the track to slip and slide around, would make it float better though, will this track fit the stock width skid? who makes it?

I have been wondering that myself. I saw a post where someone put a 16" wide track on a viper. If it works I may try it myself.

I have one in mine, works great! It's a 136" 16" 1.75" that performs like a 144" 15", but still handles like a 136".
I ground down the chain case nuts and bolts a little to be safe. I just used red locktite on the bolts. Also while I was in there I cleaned up some of the rivit's that stick out.
No rubbing problems at all. ;)!
When using a Yamaha skid (pics show mine with a Cat skid), and the stock Yamaha rear drop brackets, they will need to be cut/notched for track clearance. Or you can use thinner aftermarket aluminum ones.

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
are you swapping tracks again for the sno-drag? i couldnt do it LOL.. thats why i have 2 sleds. how are the 8BU-00's working out?

tomseal6 said:
are you swapping tracks again for the sno-drag? i couldnt do it LOL.. thats why i have 2 sleds. how are the 8BU-00's working out?
Tom, I'll use this track for the snow drags also. I was out testing drag set-ups yesterday, this track hook's up real good! ;)! The combination of the track and 8BU's, it'll carry the ski's at will! Probably have to dial out some of the transfer so it dosn't kill my ET.
Weather is suppose to be a little warmer for the races, which most likely will mean sloppy/loose snow conditions. This track sould help.

braindead1684 said:
Thats a TIGHT fit man, sweet job on it though looks great.

Yeah, I was a little nervious about that at first. But after checking for rub marks, and not seeing any anywhere, I have no more concerns. I do run 4 rear idler wheels, which may help things nice and straight.

good luck, you will dominate the improved and mod classes. you now have 2,176 square inches of track going to the ground with your 136*16 my 144*15 only has 2,160. just watch the lights and dont redlight :o|

watch out for that one guy that will try and disqualify you for your track not being stock LMAO!!!

Back